Business Studies is a subject which provides us with the knowledge, understanding and skills needed for productive work or activity. Productive activity involves using business resources to make goods and services that satisfy human needs and wants. Business studies can also be regarded as the study of the methods and techniques of setting up and running a business venture profitably. The main objective of going into a business is to make profit
- It teaches you how to establish and run businesses (Private or Public)efficiently.2.
- It develops and prepares you for office occupations in future3.
- It equips you with the basic skills with which to begin an occupation, if you do not have an opportunity for further training.4.
- It allows students to understand the necessity for the existence of various businesses. Furthermore, students are able to differentiate between types of businesses.5.
- Business studies enable students to develop keen interest in various forms of business which they can engage in (set up) after leaving school